The Wisconsin Department of Agriculture, Trade and Consumer Protection (WI DATCP) offers a variety of services designed to help protect consumers.
- DO NOT CALL registry — enforces the Do Not Call law, which protects you from unwanted sales calls/texts. The registry is now permanent, therefore once you register a phone number you do not need to re-register that same number.
- Consumer alerts — alerts consumers, via email or text, of phone/email/online scams, data breaches, robocalls, and more.
- Product safety — enforces safety laws concerning hazardous substances, farm equipment, flammable fabrics, poison prevention packaging and consumer products.
- Identity theft projection — provides advice concerning how to protect your identity and works with identity theft victims
- Landlord/tenant rights — provides guidance concerning landlord/tenant rights and responsibilities
The Wisconsin Consumer Protection Hotline can be accessed at DACTPHotline@Wisconsin.gov or 800.422.7128. The DATCP website also provides guidance concerning how to file a complaint on a variety of issues including telecommunications, motor vehicle repairs, product safety, home improvement services and more.